Baby's are sweet, so for us it is important that our suppliers are also sweet for those who made our products.
All our Little Poopfactory products are made of soft cotton, if possible 100%. Only products with elastane (for stretch) have 95% cotton and 5% elastane.
Although our suppliers often producte their products in 'Low Wage Countries', such as India, they do so in accordance with a strict enforced code, called the 'ETI Base Code', drawn up by the Ethical Trade Initiative which we explain below in brief.
What is de Ethical Trade Initiative?
The Ethical Trade Initiative is an organization that has the objective of improving working conditions in (among others) the textile industry in low-wage countries.
For this purpose the organization has developed a code of conduct based on international standards, called the ETI Base Code. The ETI Base Code is based on the conventions of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) and is internationally recognized.
ETI Base Code in short:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
Learn more about the ETI Base Code and the Ethical Trade Inititative on their website or check the movie below.
In short, nothing should stop you to buy rompers and other baby gifts from LittlePoopfactory.com!